[wp-docs] Something out of date in "Backing Up Your Database"?

Bernard D. Tremblay (ben) bernard.d.tremblay at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 11:48:13 UTC 2010

Carreg wrote:
> It looks right to me.
Ok, then it's a version thing. If you were looking at your actual
version of PMA.
In my "update" I included screenshot from present version..
> Are you using your own PMA, or is it one provided by your host?
Are you suggesting my host's is out of date?
> If it's not there I wonder if they've crippled it some how, because as
> far as I'm aware it's been in PHPMyAdmin as long as the export tab
> itself :)
"It's been in ..." What's the "it"?
I posted a screenshot. That's empirical. Without specifics ... I won't say.
> I guess you noticed this by now, but you should generally be fine
> using PMA's default settings when exporting a backup.
Oh?
The default didn't accord with the document.
> C.
bdt

p.s. as best I can tell that section is from 2yrs ago. if you're saying
the phpMyAdmin I've been using is older than that, well, then huh huh we
have a bit of detective work to do!