[wp-docs] Codex Spam

Arlen Beiler arlenbee at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 15:41:35 UTC 2010

Wikibooks has used reviewing with great success. If someone wants to review
articles, they can request editor or reviewer status. Editor status can be
given automatically or manually by an admin. Reviewer status is a
higher privilege required only for giving pages featured book status and
some other stuff. It is assumed that editors can be trusted as they have
made many contributions. If someone is writing a wikibook, they can usually
get editor status. I think some admins said once that it really cut down on
drive-by spam and so forth. Something like this would give us the ability to
control what visitors see when they visit. If a page is not reviewed the
latest revision is shown. If a page is reviewed, the latest stable revision
is shown.