[wp-docs] Codex Spam

mrmist listswpdocs at mist.org.uk
Tue Jun 22 15:14:52 UTC 2010

In message
<AANLkTinJnzDNRZogqlEcoHhMToNdlLfzvReFAbcpTqnA at mail.gmail.com>, Lorelle
on WordPress <lorelleonwordpress at gmail.com> writes
>Matt says that now that logins are locked, new registrations to the Codex
>are temporarily blocked. They are looking at how to resolve this issue to
>permit "open" registration while controlling the level of spam and the work
>volunteers need to do to deal with it.

Ok.  Should we be including a note to the effect that registration is
temporarily unavailable on the Codex front page?

I thought that anti-spam measures were introduced after the last spam
blip?  All the stuff in the search results now predates those measures.
I haven't noticed a large scale spam attack since the last one happened
and someone from the web team said they had turned something on to
combat spam.

--
mrmist