[wp-docs] Documentation Drive

hakre hanskrentel at yahoo.de
Tue Jun 8 08:17:08 UTC 2010

----- Ursprüngliche Mail ----
Von: John Blackbourn <johnbillion+wp at gmail.com>
An: WordPress Documentation <wp-docs at lists.automattic.com>
Gesendet: Montag, den 7. Juni 2010, 15:51:01 Uhr
Betreff: [wp-docs] Documentation Drive

> Mark Jaquith mentioned that 'We're even considering "taking a release
> off" to work on WordPress.org'. [1]

Gathering more resources will basically not help to resolve the structural problem of this project, to name the two directly connected to codex: specification and documentation. Putting this on the technical side only shifts that a bit from left to right.

> If this is the case, maybe as part of this it would be a good idea
> co-ordinate a documentation improvement drive. Kind of like a bug
hunt
> but a not-very-good-documentation-hunt instead.

That sounds like a good idea per-se, but I wonder how that would be done. Especially when this starts to conflict with the upcomming changes being more on the techncial side than on the content and both might work vice-versa for some time. Are there any migration plans for the case there is a switch away from MediWiki?

hakre

--
http://hakre.wordpress.com/