[wp-docs] Codex Wiki Database Dumps - Second try

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Fri Jun 4 07:15:22 UTC 2010

On 4 Jun 2010, at 01:13, hakre wrote:

> Hi Docs Team,
> But my mail was about something totally different. It is about how and where to retrieve the database dumps of the GPL'ed wordpress codex wiki content. I'm sorry if that request just jumps into a current discussion you have on re-designing wordpress.org. I just want to remind on that, because an answer to this question has not yet been given by email.
>
> With this email I'd just like to focus again on my main request because a re-start from scratch might be the best:
>
> I'm asking who is in charge and can provide the source data of the codex.

I don't believe there is any requirement for a database dump to be provided and it is not something that is done at the moment

It is my understanding that the codex content is GPL and any reuse of it would have to honour that licence but it is never distributed so the distribution clause of the licence would never be invoked

Cheers

Peter
--
Peter Westwood
C53C F8FC 8796 8508 88D6 C950 54F4 5DCD A834 01C5