[wp-docs] Custom permalink structures: best practice

Lorelle on WordPress lorelleonwordpress at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 21:03:52 UTC 2010

For a very detailed report on why words are not efficient (has nothing to do
with SEO, pretty, nor usefulness), see
http://ottopress.com/2010/category-in-permalinks-considered-harmful/

And yes, the page needs to be updated to reflect this information.
Originally, it was believed to be possible, since
example.com/my-blog-title/works as words, but it's more complicated
than that. Trust me, I've been
fighting this issue since 2003. If there were a way, I'd be doing it right
now. I think a screenshot is not needed on such a page as the instructions
are fairly clear.

Lorelle