[wp-docs] bookmark-template.php

S K skichu at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 08:31:25 UTC 2009

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 11:10 AM, phpWalter <phpWalter at torres.ws> wrote:

> But...  "If passed a null (0) value, no heading is displayed"
> This is not the case. If a NULL is passed, the conditional check does a
> backhand Boolean check and "Bookmark" is displayed.
>=====================

"If passed a null (0) value, no heading is displayed" - this statement
is correct. I checked it.

The "null value" here refers to the null value of the parameter
"title_li". If the value of this param is set ot "null" by inserting
"title_li=&categorize=0" etc, the title "Bookmarks" or whatever is not
displayed and the list is not wrapped by <ul></ul> tags as mentioned
in the Codex.

The misconstruing is perhaps caused by mixing of the explanation
regarding the categorize and title_li args in one paragraph.

I think the developers felt that this condition will be used by
someone who wants to use his own selection of titles with h3, h2 (or
even h1 if he doesn't bother himself with SEO :)), <ul> etc with class
options.

But what I feel after poring over the whole thing is that a little
more explanation about these various options will help the users as to
under what condtions these arguments will be useful.

But thinking laterally, are these tags any longer relevant, or rather
would anyone use them now that everyone is on to the ubiquitous widget
thing to populate the sidebars, top bars, bottom bars and in between
bars....!!

S.K

--
Learn to fight. It is for you to frame the rules if you have the
rightful indignation.