[wp-docs] Linking to other languages on each page

Lorelle VanFossen lorellevan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 15:55:04 GMT 2009

I'm totally in favor, and have been, of linking the various languages
together, manually or otherwise. The links to the international versions are
at the bottom of the main page, and I thought they were at the bottom of
every page. Huh. Wonder if that got lost in the changes a couple years ago.
I'll look into that.

I would love to also have manual links to translated articles. If someone
translates a page, they should also add a link to that translated article in
the Codex on the page they translate, as well as to the original English (or
whatever language) so we can build cross linking context to all the
articles.

However, I don't read Japanese, Turkish, Russian, etc., so I can't go
through and do this. Nor would I expect anyone else not versed in the
language to do so. We need to get the translators to do this as part of
their responsibilities, helping everyone find the information they need in
their language.

I'll post to the polygots group to ask their help in this, too. Thanks for
bringing it up.