[wp-docs] Linking to other languages on each page

bono bonops at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 12:02:45 GMT 2009

Thanks, Jennifer, Xavier!

"Interlanguage Links" is the basic function of MediaWiki.
We can use this function, simply doing below.

1. Add data[1] to interwiki table of English Codex database.
2. Add languageBox to Codex skin file, if it's not already available.
3. Start adding links to each page.

But French Codex will need to change the format of existing internal
links, from [[fr:Page name]] to [[:fr:Page name]]. [2]
You could add a colon to each link on wiki by hand, or export French
pages[3], run a search & replace, then import.

[1]: e.g. http://codex.wordpress.org/User:Bono/Links_to_other_languages#.E5.90.84.E8.A8.80.E8.AA.9E.E7.89.88_Codex
[2]: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Interwiki/fr#Liens_interwiki_vers_d.27autres_langues
[3]: http://codex.wordpress.org/Special:Export

--bono