[wp-docs] Categories

Will Kemp Will at Swaggie.net
Thu Jul 9 06:49:44 UTC 2009

On 07/09/2009 07:34 AM, Will Kemp wrote:

>> 1. All categories must have Capital Letters not lower case as MediaWiki
>> treats "WordPress Lessons" and "wordpress lessons" and "WordPress
>> lessons" as three different pages. All pages with the lower case
>> versions must have their categories changed to the appropriate cap version.
>
> I'll make a start on changing "Wordpress Development" to "WordPress
> Development" in the 169 pages where it's wrong.

The first one i looked at in the "Wordpress Development" category -
"Adding Administration Menus" - is categorized "WordPress Development",
not "Wordpress Development".

I don't understand why that happens. But if it does happen, surely it
makes the task of fixing these things virtually impossible, because you
can't tell what's been fixed and what hasn't.

Looking at the "Wordpress Development" category page again, though, it's
telling me that page doesn't exist - even though there's a list of pages
there. This wiki stuff is weird!