[wp-docs] New WordPress Handbook

Alex Hempton-Smith hempsworth at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 22 20:56:42 GMT 2009

A lot of people have been addressing concerns with the submission of content
to the SVN repo, and as I mentioned earlier a web-based editor would solve
this - allowing it to be as easy (if not easier) to add content just like
with the wiki. I like the idea of being able to tag documentation to a
release, and a dropdown to choose the relevant release would make that
functionality accessible.
What this comes down to is quality, SVN means a chosen few (maybe even
professionals in this field) could be employed to 'vet' or check each
submission, ensuring a better quality of content.

Also, as I mentioned previously, because the changes actually take the form
of a 'change' (technically a patch file), users can vote on the best
'changes' and the good additions make their way to the top of the commit
list.

Just my 2 cents on the whole thing,
Alex