[wp-docs] New WordPress Handbook

mrmist listswpdocs at mist.org.uk
Thu Jan 22 18:12:16 GMT 2009

In message <4978841A.1040707 at santosj.name>, Jacob Santos
<wordpress at santosj.name> writes
>I had to laugh, because I have like 6 or 7 patches for WordPress which
>haven't been committed yet and I'm still waiting. I also don't think
>you are being sarcastic, which I mean you know, it actually isn't too
>easy to have patches committed.

Yeah that could be a concern really.  You only have to look at the
wordpress trac, there's 340 tickets marked has-patch.  Some of them are
3 years old.  If the manual goes that way it would get stale really
quickly.

Part of the beauty of the wiki codex is that changes have instant
feedback. You see something wrong, you fix it. Done.  That's pretty
gratifying.  It's much less gratifying to do something and then see it
languish.

--
mrmist