[wp-docs] New WordPress Handbook

Alex Hempton-Smith hempsworth at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 22 14:46:04 GMT 2009

Hopefully we can have something really useful built to support the patch
creation/submissions process...

A web-based UI (a bit like Launchpad), where you didn't need any installed
software to create patches. The patches could then be added to a 'pending
approval' section, where users could vote on how good/useful they think the
patch is - therefore making it easy for people with commit access to see
which patches are the best/most wanted.

Also making it easy for people to see what needs adding to - perhaps having
hidden tags within the XML files like in the wiki 'stub' or 'needs work' etc
- these could then be filtered so somebody who knows a lot about a certain
thing can search for the pages which need updating/working on, that are
relevant to them.

I'm thinking tag clouds, filtering pages and voting mechanisms.

-- Alex