[wp-docs] Re: [wp-hackers] Codex function page proposal

Jacob Santos wordpress at santosj.name
Mon Dec 29 08:08:08 GMT 2008

You should have mentioned the Perl automated script. However, it again
seems as if you are moving toward DocBook for your solution. You should
look more into phpDocumentor [1], because it can also output in DocBok
format. It might be an issue however is that the phpdoc does not include
@category, which the DocBook format template uses. If that is the case,
then it shouldn't be too difficult to add it in for all of the files.
You would just need to add @category to all of the file level phpdoc
blocks. The patch for that wouldn't be that difficult.

Hmm, it seems that whatever you conclude on, it will be interesting.
Hopefully, the conclusion will be sooner rather than later, because I
don't think any one else will attempt what you guys are doing at the
moment or at least not in the near future.

Jacob Santos