[wp-docs] Inline Documentation -- Better Quality Assurance

Charles K. Clarkson cclarkson at htcomp.net
Wed Dec 10 21:26:10 GMT 2008

Hello,

Before adding my own two cents to this list, I read about a year's worth
of archived posts. I remember being particularly struck by a message
from Jacob Santos about the failure of his Inline Documentation project.
It was really disheartening to hear someone had gone through such a
Herculean effort and had been met with a feeling of such despair.

Today, I was reading the Version_2.7 page [1] and I ran across this
section [2]:

Inline Documentation

The WordPress 2.7 has almost every file fully documented with phpdoc
type inline documentation. This includes most of the files with file
level phpdoc blocks. The functions have the parameters accepted type
documented with descriptions. The functions also have short descriptions
and many functions have long descriptions.

This should improve the support and limit the questions newcomers have
about the WordPress library. It is also along the goal of better quality
assurance.

Jacob, it seems to me that you changed a mind or two about the
importance of Inline Documentation. I know my project will be a lot
easier due to your efforts.

Thanks for not giving up.

[1] http://codex.wordpress.org/Version_2.7
[2] http://codex.wordpress.org/Version_2.7#Inline_Documentation