[wp-docs] List of added CSS classes

Dan Gayle dangayle at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 18:04:21 GMT 2008

Is there a list anywhere of all of the wordpress generated classes?
The http://codex.wordpress.org/CSS page lists a few of them, but I
think there should be a list of them in the codex, since they are
currently spread out throughout the relevant template tag pages, and
not always even there. (I just added .categories .cat-item
and .current-cat-parent to the wp_list_categories page).

I have these, but I know I must be missing some that come from the
write posts panel or other template tags that aren't used as often:

These were already documented at http://codex.wordpress.org/CSS

.aligncenter{}
.alignleft{}
.alignright{}
.wp-caption{}
.wp-caption-text{}

I added these to the http://codex.wordpress.org/CSS
.categories {}
.cat-item {}
.current-cat {}
.current-cat-parent {}
.pagenav {}
.page_item {}
.current_page_item {}
.current_page_parent {}
.widget {}
.widget_text {}
.blogroll {}
.linkcat {}

I think it would be useful resource to theme developers to know what
classes come standard, so that they can build them into their
stylesheets without having to rebuild the wheel, or look for solutions
that already exist.