[wp-docs] WordPress Themes and the Sponsored Themes Issue

Lorelle VanFossen lorelle at cameraontheroad.com
Thu Jul 12 06:45:44 GMT 2007

With the WordPress Theme Viewer official and working well for the past
year, the WordPress Themes List on the Codex is fairly obsolete. There
are now over 4,000 WordPress Themes and the Codex list doesn't even come
close. Now that Matt has declared sponsored WordPress Themes to be
removed from the WordPress Theme Viewer, a declaration which I assume
means no WordPress endorsement or permission for featuring sponsored
WordPress Themes, who wants to be the one to go through the Codex list
looking for sponsored Themes? Hmmm?

I didn't think so.

Matt's deadline is July 20ish. I'd like to have a few days of
discussion, unless we are all suddenly unanimous on this.

I propose we remove/redirect the Codex Theme list to the WordPress Theme
Viewer. A summary and link directing the reader to the Viewer and
related Theme information and resources works as a replacement for the
main page. This will take the burden away of maintaining the pages and
remove the issue of removing sponsored Themes.

What say you all?

--
Lorelle VanFossen
On the Road