[wp-docs] Banning a user--reasonable?

michael_moore at csnw.com michael_moore at csnw.com
Sun Jan 29 17:32:49 GMT 2006

--On Sunday, January 29, 2006 12:23 PM -0500 "Michael E. Hancock"
<mhancock at us.net> wrote:
> I used a good part of this paragraph to repharse comments to this user.  I
> didn't refer to the Forum though, and suggested that his comment is more a
> topic for his blog as Podz suggested.

Yes, I was trying to think generally, so that I could recommend a gentler
approach that would help across the board. Of course, I think that (if he's
talking about what Podz thinks he is, which I think I remember was almost a
year ago, or at least 6 months) the discussion is way over and directing
them to the forum wouldn't be good advice. I just know that it's not easy
to customize your response for every issue and wanted to address the
general issue.

The fact that he's only commented once, and not helpfully, doesn't mean
that a gentle and respectful nudge won't make his next contribution better.
I appreciate you understanding that, even though it's just as likely he
won't contribute.

> Thanks Michael for your thoughtful comments on this subject.

No trouble. Thanks again for your effort on the Codex.

-Michael