[wp-docs] Intro

Jerry Peek jpeek at jpeek.com
Wed Dec 6 00:17:49 GMT 2006

An overall Table of Contents that lists all of the content would be a
big help.  That would let people know "where they are" and to be fairly
sure that they've seen all of the material on a particular topic.  (I
wrote earlier that the links pointing to pages of other links confuse
me.)  If it's possible to have chapter and section numbers (which would
change as new material is added, of course), that might help more.

Since Codex is maintained by its readers, though, I wonder if the
more-ordered book-like structure could eventually break down as people
put new content wherever they think it should go.  If they don't have a
good understanding of the whole structure, they might not put content in
the best place.  (I don't have much experience with group-edited
documentation, though.  Maybe this isn't a problem.)

Jerry