[wp-docs] Page naming rules when translating.

Jean-Paul OLIVIER Jpaul.Olivier at laposte.net
Mon Aug 21 17:37:36 GMT 2006

Hi all,

As I whish to learn how to build thèmes for WordPress, I thought that it
could be a good idea to translate them in my language (French) in the
mean time.
So I have started and I have a few new pages.
I have done them trying to understand the way what is existing has been
done.
I understood that French translation was starting by FR: and the name
seemed to be translated. So I have done my new pages this way :
1) Change/Add the link FR:Translatin_of_the_title and save the page.
2) Click on the new link to edit the empty page and paste the english
version of its contain and save
3) Edit the page and start translating.

Well I hope I don't do any mistake, I have tried to read advices about
how to proceed but I am a little bit confused whit all what I have to read.

Now I am wondering how to manage cross references and be shure to don't
give an other name to the same page.
I am thinking that the best way wloud be to just add FR: without
translating the name of the page.
But it is not the way I have started...

So I have 2 questions :
Is there some naming conventions for the pages when translating ?
If I have some pages to rename how to proceed ?

Thanks in advance,
Jpaul