[wp-docs] Copyright and a new stub.

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Sun Sep 18 17:58:28 GMT 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-18 at 18:24 +0100, Podz wrote:
> Carthik Sharma wrote:
>
> I agree with everything skippy wrote, bar the stuff about licences on
> which I know little (but I look at from the same pov as the majority of
> codex contributors)
>

> > Really, I don't know why re-use of documentation is such a big issue --
> > look to the developers, who release their code out in the wild - to be
> > used as seens fit - for other to profit, if you will.
> >

> So would the coders mind if I deleted the page in Codex ?
> http://codex.wordpress.org/Copyright_Holders
> After all, it's not needed ?

I personally don't care.  You can add a Documentation Copyright Holders
if you want.  Notice that the names of copyright holders aren't in the
actual code itself.

> And if that is different, why is a docs list not ?
>
> And note - the {{copyright}} issue has not yet been addressed.

Each contributor holds copyright on their contributions.   The
contributor agrees to license under the GPL whenever contributing to
Codex.

Ryan