[wp-docs] Filling Holes in the Codex

Moshu moshu at transycan.net
Mon Sep 12 21:12:25 GMT 2005

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Lorelle VanFossen
> Sent: 8-Sep-05 9:03 AM

http://codex.wordpress.org/Codex:Tasks#Foreign_Language_Characters -

There is nothing to write about because usually a user doesn't have to
do anything to have correctly displayed text in posts (or Pages) in
different languages. My keyboard is set up for 4 languages and in the
same sentence (or even the same word) I can switch from one language
to another and it always will be displayed correctly - while the admin
interface is all in English.

Possible problems - and 95% of the questions in the forum are about
this - can occur when a user is editing the template files, usually
the sidebar.php, in a text editor that doesn't have utf-8 support.

Another possible source for troubles might be MySQL - see this post
with the solution in the forum:
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/44357

moshu