[wp-docs] International

Lorelle VanFossen lorelle at cameraontheroad.com
Sat Sep 3 12:46:16 GMT 2005

The "WordPress in Your Language" was cleaned up from a terrible mess
just before the Codex went down. At that time, a plea went out to the
Polygots mailing list for people to start updating and providing
information, which I was hoping to clean up and organize better, once
the new info was in. Now that the Codex is back working, they are
starting to slowly add to the information again.

The idea is to set each language in it's own section with a layout that
follows this kind of form:

Support:
Downloads:
Themes:
Plugins:

And then with more "title links" as needed, creating a uniform link.

I think it is brilliant to add SOLID international support forums at the
bottom or sidebar of wordpress.org. By solid, I mean a site that has
activity and some history, as some of these have come and gone rather
quickly. At the least, a link to the "WordPress in Your Language" would
be the next best thing.  Creating a separate page for support is exactly
what was fixed when Moshu and others worked for a couple of months
really hard to totally redo these pages. People had to click through a
variety of segregated information to find anything, and by combining
everything within one country name or language, they could go to one
section to find ALL the information they needed. The last thing we need
is to segregate the information on the Codex again.

We get a lot of people on the forum who struggle to make their question
make sense in English, and sometimes they get ignored because the
question and English is so hard to understand. Anyway we can help direct
these people to help in their language is welcome.

The Codex has a list in the footer of other Codex-like support, but I
think it is lost on the page, which is why we worked so hard to get the
"WordPress in Your Language" updated and into the main table of contents.