[wp-docs] Version specific banners for Codex

Michael E. Hancock mhancock at us.net
Thu Sep 1 14:49:06 GMT 2005

Lorelle--just a couple of comments about this:

1.  If there's to be a page for Site Architecture 1.5 and one for 1.6,
consider not using the letter V in the page title.  Use of lower case 'v'
and upper-case 'V' tends to cause problems.  See
http://codex.wordpress.org/User:MichaelH/Wiki_Tips_and_Tricks#Linking_correctly_to_The_Loop
for an example of 'the problem'.

2.  If a banner says 1.5+  does that mean 1.5 and higher or just 1.5.x
versions?

3.  If banners are assigned using a MediaWiki template, remember the
template gets rendered when the page is saved.  If you make changes to the
template you have to edit and save each page that uses the template so that
it gets re-rendered.

4.  Maybe Codex should only document the latest and greatest version of
WordPress!

5.
http://codex.wordpress.org/Codex:State_of_Codex#New_Articles.2C_New_Sections.2C_New_Codex.3F
also outlines some of the choices.