[wp-docs] What once was Desigining for Contests

Jewel jewel at jewelwg.net
Wed Mar 23 18:40:01 GMT 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 23:23:45 -0600, <lorelle at cameraontheroad.com> wrote:

> (snipped)
> http://codex.wordpress.org/User:Lorelle/Designing_Themes_for_Contests
>
> Oh, almost forgot.  This is the first of the Lesson series started on
> the forum. What's the scoop on having a Lessons - Tutorials -
> whateveritiscalled - section on the Codex?  I've got a bunch more to do
> and while they will fit into the whole, it would be nice to have them
> highlighted as tutorials.
>
> Lorelle

May I just say as a fascinated observer, (ok then, lurker ;-) ) that this
stuff is absolutely brilliant, and will provide a much needed resource for
all WP users out there that are just starting out with css, and standards
conformance. Since joining this list I have been using the new wiki almost
daily, and would have been completely lost without it. Thank you to
everyone for all your time and effort. I have been checking to see how I
can contribute myself, but being quite new to WP, I am not sure what I can
do, as yet. :-(
I am becoming more proficient by the day however, so hopefully something
will need doing that I can do, sooner or later.
I think the tutorials idea is great, btw, as I used to write tutorials for
Paint Shop Pro beginners, and do know how time-consuming they can be to
write, but again, I also know from feedback, how incredibly helpful they
can be to newbies and intermediate users.
Sorry to butt in, but just wanted to give a bit of user-feedback, and as
soon as I am competent enought to help, I will :-)

Jewel