[wp-docs] Combating Comment Spam Updates

James Huff james at macmerc.com
Fri Mar 18 07:32:14 GMT 2005

"Hm, upgrades...." ~ Neo (Matrix: Reloaded)

Ok, as suggested many times, I'm going to take a major stab at the
Combating Comment Spam page:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Combating_Comment_Spam  Here are my plans so
far:

Create a separate page for each plugin, captcha, and hack, thus
reducing the related sections of the main Combating Comment Spam page
to bulleted lists.

Each separate page will contain the plugin's compatibility, a link to
the plugin, a full description, and a rating based on five criteria.
These criteria include ease of installation, ease of use,
effectiveness, amount of false positives, and amount of issues reported
on the WP support forums.  An average score will also be presented.
These criteria will be derived from personal use and WP support forum
reports.

I plan to start this glorious adventure this weekend.

Any thoughts?

James Huff (MacManX)
MacMerc Contributing Editor
http://www.macmerc.com