[wp-docs] Inserting page content multiple places

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 19:45:28 GMT 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:41:37 -0500, Owen Winkler
<ringmaster at midnightcircus.com> wrote:
> Carthik Sharma wrote:
> > think.
>
> Hmm... Good Point.  It's just that the page looked slick and was also
> more informative with the relevant function reference right there as
> opposed to having to click a link to elsewhere.  But...

In the end, whatever's better is what'll stay, anyways, so let's keep
our minds open about this right now.

> ...then I guess I may try to conceive such a heirarchy, which I think
> may be possible.  Just a casual glance at what is available so far in
> Dev Docs indicates this:  Options Functions, Admin Panel Functions,
> Localization Functions.  There are also (or should be) functions for
> every template tag in the form of get_the_*().  The obvious first
> criteria would be that these subpages contain *only* function reference
> (declaration, parameters, return value, description) and not how-tos.

Yes, the get_the_*() and is_*() functions are already described at the
pages written up by MDAWaffe. The others need doing.

> I think it's a good idea to give some logic to the function reference
> anyway, even if they aren't pushed to subpages, since listing them
> alphabetically doesn't seem too useful for finding what you need.

Aye, sir! Good organization/structure is essential, and if that's
there, and it's extensible, then yes, I have no objection to subpages.

Carthik

P.S. I was offline for two days, after a long long time (or so it
seems) and now am on "leave" from school for a week. I will try to
talk less and work more now that I am done catching up with wp-doc
mails. I will also try to not be around too much :)

When nothing is done, nothing is left undone -- 老子 Lǎozi

University of Central Florida
Homepage: http://carthik.net