[wp-docs] Writing a Plugin

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 19:27:42 GMT 2005

[[Writing Plugins]] does sound better to me, so Michael, you can
rename it if you like :) I am okay with it otherwise, too.

Skippy's list and your lists (Owen, and Michael) are good. I created
one such list a long time ago, which must be outdated now. about
triaging the work, what about we put in some basic stuff about the
hooks, like perhaps a sentence for each hook and then build on it
later.

Kaf does a great job with the Template_Tag pages, what we need is a
loving parent for the hooks :)

We ought to think about organizing hooks into section according to
their functions, too., about the same way Plugins are.

Carthik.

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 11:26:37 -0800, Michael D. Adams <mikea at turbonet.com> wrote:
> I found Skippy's list (how did I miss it? It's right there on the
> discussion page) and it's the same as mine.  I've got sample parameters
> as well, but to document these things you'd have to grep each one
> individually and take a look anyway, so I don't know how useful they'd
> be.  And you've got them yourself, too.  But I'm happy to add them to
> Skippy's list if you want.
>
> Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
>
> Michael
>
> 85% and holding?
>
> On Mar 12, 2005, at 7:36 AM, Owen Winkler wrote:
>
> > Michael D.Adams wrote:
> >

> >> I grepped the source and found not dozens, but:
> >> 129 unique filters
> >> 45 unique actions
> >> as of 3/12/2005 SVN revision 2434
> >> (I can send a list if you want to compare)
> >>
> >> I assume some triage will be done in documenting hooks.  Suggestions?
> >
> > I'm not sure what you're using, but I have a program (PowerGREP) that
> > can collect these along with their passed parameters.  Many of the
> > hooks in code are duplicates, but the variations of their use need to
> > be documented.
> >
> > You can forward what you've got, though, and I'll compare notes.  Or,
> > maybe do like I did back before Skippy did some much needed rewrites
> > and put the list on the page in a comment, in case someone else wants
> > to take a whack before I can allocate a chunk of time.
> >
> > Owen
> > Inlaw update- Bodycount: 0 (so far...)   Sanity: 85%

When nothing is done, nothing is left undone -- 老子 Lǎozi

University of Central Florida
Homepage: http://carthik.net