[wp-docs] Plugin Documentation

Michael D.Adams mikea at turbonet.com
Sun Mar 13 00:17:36 GMT 2005

I've more or less finished munging [[Plugin API]] and [[Writing a
Plugin]] about.  The basic philosophy:
[[Plugin API]] is for hooks: actions and filters.
[[Writing a Plugin]] is for everything Plugin Development oriented and
should be the new "papa-bear" of all plugin development articles.

As for Plugin User Documentation, I believe the [[Main Page]] should
reference [[Plugins]] (to be the main user documentation article for
plugins) instead of [[Managing Plugins]] which should be referenced
from [[Plugins]], [[Working with WordPress]], the FAQs etc.

New comers will want to know what Plugins are first, not how to
activate them, and old comers will want to cut to the chase and find
the list of Plugins.  Currently, finding the list is confusing:
Click 'Plugins' on the Main Page
Click 'Plugins' on the page to which you were just sent ("... I thought
I was already there" *checks* "nope... Managing Plugins, that's not
what I clicked on...").

Thoughts on Dev and/or User plugin docs?

Michael