[wp-docs] Writing a Plugin

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Sat Mar 12 15:36:33 GMT 2005

Michael D.Adams wrote:

> I grepped the source and found not dozens, but:
> 129 unique filters
> 45 unique actions
> as of 3/12/2005 SVN revision 2434
> (I can send a list if you want to compare)
>
> I assume some triage will be done in documenting hooks.  Suggestions?

I'm not sure what you're using, but I have a program (PowerGREP) that
can collect these along with their passed parameters.  Many of the hooks
in code are duplicates, but the variations of their use need to be
documented.

You can forward what you've got, though, and I'll compare notes.  Or,
maybe do like I did back before Skippy did some much needed rewrites and
put the list on the page in a comment, in case someone else wants to
take a whack before I can allocate a chunk of time.

Owen
Inlaw update- Bodycount: 0 (so far...)   Sanity: 85%