[wp-docs] Adding Administration Menus

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Tue Mar 8 11:29:55 GMT 2005

Michael D.Adams wrote:

> Barring objection, I'm going to move
> http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API#Adding_submenus_to_the_admin_menu
> to its own page, [[Adding Administration Menus]].
>
> But before I do, is there official terminology for those things?
> You'll recall I was toying with "Administration Panels" instead of
> "Menus".  I'm happy with menus if that's what they are, though (that's
> what they're called in the code, after all).

I would use "Administration Pages" to talk about the page content (that
which is created by the function sink) and "Administration Menus" to
talk about the menus that link to those pages.  [[Adding Administration
Menus]] is probably the best combination of least wordy and most
accurate label for the page.

Owen