[wp-docs] Advanced Templating

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Mon Mar 7 14:39:14 GMT 2005

I deployed my new theme this weekend (thanks again, geeksmakemehot!),
and to get it like I wanted it I had to go well beyond the default
Template Tags.  I thought others might be interested in what I'd done,
so I've posted my entire sidebar.php here:
    http://codex.wordpress.org/User:Skippy/Advanced

If there are default functions to do what I've done, I couldn't find them.

I'm sending this to docs, rather than hackers, because I think most
folks on the hackers list could replicate this on their own; but the
folks who need to read the Codex to make WP work the way they want it to
work might find my example helpful.

Is there any place inside the Codex that I could/should flesh this out
in a more howto manner?

--
skippy at skippy.net | http://skippy.net/

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 9CFA4B35
506C F8BB 17AE 8A05 0B49  3544 476A 7DEC 9CFA 4B35