[wp-docs] New Pages.

Michael D.Adams mikea at turbonet.com
Sun Mar 6 03:54:17 GMT 2005

I want to first emphasize that what follows are not meant to be pointed
remarks; I have a great deal of respect for all those working on Codex
and for the admins/sysops in particular.  That said, I do not plan on
making further contributions until the creating new pages policy has
been finalized _and implemented_.

I have made every effort to follow the guidelines.  These efforts have
resulted in great success (as in the Pages article), and great
frustration (as in every other article in my User space - even after
announcing them here on this list).  I understand the desire to have
people create pages in their User space; it gives some extra control to
the sysops etc. in what gets included.  It is also exceedingly slow, at
least at the moment.  Many people are creating new pages now, and there
are still the same number of (hard working) "upper-echelon" Codex
contributors.  I'm offering no alternative solution here, since I have
not the time nor the desire to pull more authority on Codex, I'm just
point out a flaw everyone already knows about.

Also, under the "User space" system, duplication of effort is very
easy.  If this User space system continues, I would suggest asking
people to suggest ideas for new pages on this list _before_ starting
one in their User space (rather than the other way around) so that
duplication can be avoided.

People should also not be afraid to say "that page you created is not
useful; it will not be included in the Main space"  Closure is good,
even if the answer is not the one sought.

MDAWaffe
Michael D Adams