[wp-docs] Plugin pages

Craig Hartel craig at nuclearmoose.com
Tue Mar 1 06:17:25 GMT 2005

I just did a major bit of work on the Plugin pages. The list of plugins was
getting huge, and the wiki software recommended that it be broken up into
manageable chunks.

What I did was to take the sections on the page and create a sub-page with that
section name. I also created a template, {{PluginIndex}} that I used on the
bottom of every category page. The template is simply a link back to the main
Plugin page.

So, any plugin should now be placed within an appropriate category, and should
NOT get its own page.

Also, during the Codex down time, a lot of cruft has made its way into the
pages. Specifically, apostrophes and other punctuation marks have randomly been
turned into gibberish. All of the plugin pages need a thorough edit for typos
and this nastiness.

Also, there are many dead links, so if we could do some URL hunting, that would
be good.

Check out the new look:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Plugins

Craig.