[wp-docs] WordPress in Your Language

Lorelle VanFossen lorelle at cameraontheroad.com
Sat Jul 23 21:23:31 GMT 2005

Moshu and others have been working hard on totally revising the two
Localization articles for WordPress in Your Language on the Codex.  They
are finally done and out for display.

There are now three localization articles on the Codex. We hope that
these three documents will make it easier for people to find WordPress
in their Language and easily install it.

http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_in_Your_Language - List of all
Foriegn Language offerings regarding WordPress including forums,
documentation, installation files, mo files, and general WordPress
sites. Each country/language has it's own section heading to make it
easy to add all language/WordPress related information. It also creates
a Table of Contents listing for fast access to different language
information. (These need to be gone over thoroughly, updated, added to,
and cleaned up)

http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress_in_Your_Language -
Installation now has its own page with simple step-by-step
instructions.  Any instructions different from these per "your" language
files needs to be clear in that language's section in
http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_in_Your_Language

http://codex.wordpress.org/Translating_WordPress - Everything, or almost
everything, you need to know to help translate WordPress into different
languages.

A lot of redirects are on the Codex covering the MANY old names for this
information and hopefully I have caught all the redirects. Please let me
know if I missed any.

Thanks to Moshi and everyone for their hard work on improving these
documents. They are AMAZING.