[wp-docs] Lessons for Forum Mailing List

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Thu Jul 21 18:18:13 GMT 2005

Lorelle VanFossen wrote:
> There was a discussion with Podz about providing "lessons" on the Forum
> Mailing List to help prepare the forum volunteers for 1.6. And we also
> need to prepare the Codex for 1.6 articles.

Beta time.
I think we need to hang fire on this until 1.6 comes into the realm of
testing for bugs rather than testing to see what's broken - which is
where I think it is right now for your average user. When 1.6 goes into
that phase - which will not be a day or two long - then we can be
confident of a couple of things:
- the people that like shiny code CAN grab it to use without quite as
many potential problems as they could have now
- the people that want to write up for Codex will be able to use final
code to do that.
I can see this needing to be planned but even on this list we have to be
careful no to produce any hype.

P.