[wp-docs] Evacuating from Hurricane

Lorelle VanFossen lorelle at cameraontheroad.com
Thu Jul 7 22:01:04 GMT 2005

It is looking more and more like I will be heading out of Mobile,
Alabama, by Saturday (give or take) to get away from Hurricane Dennis.
It is currently just turning into a Category 3 Hurricane and the odds
are that it will get bigger and meaner when it gets out over open water
again.

I've talked to several people about covering the Codex while I'm gone
and offline, checking for vandals and other tasks. I just wanted to
inform everyone.

So far, this is proving to be a record hurricane year with more "named"
storms in the first month of hurricane season than before. It is likely
that this will not be the first one I run from. I know we also have a
lot of volunteers along the Gulf Coast and in Florida, not to mention
there are plenty along the Eastern Seaboard who also suffer from the
hurricanes and their side effects as they pass through. Let's try to
work together to cover each other during these times, as well as during
summer vacations and such, so that the work continues forward, even if
the people are offline for a bit.

Thanks for your support and if plans change, I'll let you know.