[wp-docs] Screencasts

Chris Lott chris.lott at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 16:26:57 GMT 2005

As part of my "real" job we've tried dozens of these screen recording
utilities for recording on Windows and deploying as Flash. It has come
down to Macromedia Captivate (formerly RoboDemo), which is really the
standard at this point, or Wink for something that is free and does
just about everything most people need (Captivate has some e-learning
features that are nice for classes, but not much use here).

Camtasia does a good job as well, but doesn't provide the nice
automated popups and pointers for actions.

Chris Lott