[wp-docs] Themes vs Templates

virgil huston virgil.huston at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 15:32:06 GMT 2005

I am doing some editing and have run into some confusion. Themes and
templates seem to be discussed as if they are the same thing. To me,
they are not. When selecting a layout in Presentation, are we
selecting a template or a theme? To me, a theme is a stylesheet
applied to a template, and we should be using the term template most
of the time rather than theme. What is the official position on these
terms?

Bear with me if this is answered somewhere, I am finally getting my
feet wet with working on the codex.

Virgil