[wp-docs] Evacuating Again - Help Share the Load

Lorelle VanFossen lorelle at cameraontheroad.com
Sat Aug 27 04:40:47 GMT 2005

As of late Friday afternoon, it looks like Hurricane Katrina is heading
my way. Oh, the fun is just too much fun. So we will be evacuating
again. And just as the Codex is back up and running.

Matt and his Codex-behind-the-scenes-workers (applause!) still have to
clean up Codex images and image views, and a  few other things that
might need fixing. Be sure and let him know if you get any strange
errors or bugs that need resolving, but so far, from the few minutes of
pounding away at the Codex, it looks like it's back and pretty stable.
Thanks!!!

I have left a HUGE list of things that have needed doing with Schulte
and he may be asking you all for your help while we hit the road again
running from natural disasters in the making. Be nice when he asks, if
he asks, for your help and help him by asking what you can do to help
share the load and get these little things done and cleaned up.

Also, if you have signed up for any task on the
http://codex.wordpress.org/Codex:Tasks List make sure you let him,
MichaelH, or me know the status of your article(s) or post them in your
user area so we can get these out and into the public eye. If you have
an article in your user section that is ready to be released, edited or
reviewed, please let us know so we can get to work on it.

Firas, Masquerade and others were working on a listing of all the
functions in WordPress as well as all the hooks for Plugins. Please
check with them if you would like to help on this project. It's very
intensive and exciting, but it requires a lot of labor, too.

There are still folks hanging out in #wordpress-docs IRC channel who are
there to help you if you need advice or information on helping the
Codex, so please, take advantage of them - they are waiting for you.
It's been rather dull lately, and we need to shake the dust off.

Thank you to everyone for being so patient and hanging in during this
big move. There are more changes in store, I'm sure, so I think it's a
good idea to get as much work done as possible so when the big move to
merge the forum and Codex together, we're ready for it.

I'll let you all know when we head out and when we're back. And if you
are in the path along with the millions of others, take cover and be safe.