[wp-docs] WordPress Lessons info ready to release

Sheryl Coe - Reportica reportica at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 15:13:48 GMT 2005

There's no trackback but I wanted you to know it's up.
http://www.reportica.net/news/ None of my customers will come but I wanted
to give you the linky momentum. Good luck with your grand opening. I will
look at the 404 article on Wednesday. I also have an exceedingly basic
WordPress Tip of the Day for the totally clueless, if you want basic, let me
know and I'll add you. This is well below the level of what you call a
beginner.

Sheryl

On 4/25/05, lorelle at cameraontheroad.com <lorelle at cameraontheroad.com> wrote:

> I've emailed Matt the release for the WordPress Lessons, and I expect them
> to get a lot of attention. Just so you know, and might want to use, here
> is
> the press release. If you would like to post it on your site, feel free to
> help spread the word. Edit, slice, dice, and rearrange however you want to
> customize the end result so we don't have a bunch of repeated info out
> there.
>
> Also, thanks to everyone (and you know who you are) who jumped in during
> the
> last few days to crunch out some new HOT articles for the Lessons and did
> great editing of the material so it will be as high caliber as possible.
> We're still looking for new WordPress Lesson articles and if you would
> like
> to contribute, visit my user page at
> http://codex.wordpress.org/User:Lorelle/Articles_for_WordPress_Lessons for
> list of what we're looking for, a signup area, and information on how this
> all works.
>
> =======
> WordPress Lessons
> While < a href="http://www.wordpress.org/">WordPress</a> comes
> ready-to-use
> out of the box, if you are tempted to customize your WordPress site, a
> peek
> under the hood might intimidate you. Suddenly your simple desire to change
> font, change the way categories are displayed, add text to the front page
> that won't appear on any other pages, or even figure out how to link from
> one post to another seems a daunting task in the face of all that PHP,
> HTML
> and CSS code.
> Don't worry. WordPress is here to help. The official documentation site,
> <a
> href="http://codex.wordpress.org/">The WordPress Codex</a>, has just
> opened
> a new section dedicated to helping beginner and intermediate WordPress
> users
> customize their site and learn more about how WordPress works. <a
> href="http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Lessons">WordPress Lessons</a>
> will help guide you step-by-step through the various processes of using
> WordPress, including:

> Steps
> With WordPress for Beginners</a>

> Into Template Tags for Beginners</a>

> in WordPress</a>

> Navigation Links</a>

> Colour Scheme</a>

> in WordPress</a>

> WordPress</a>

> WordPress Provides Protection From Email Harvesters</a>

> the Read More Link on Excerpts</a>
>
> <a
> href="http://codex.wordpress.org/Linking_Posts_Pages_and_Categories"
> >Linking
> to Posts, Pages, and Categories in WordPress</a>

> in Action</a>

> Archive Index</a>

> [...]

Sheryl Coe
web at reportica.net