[wp-docs] WordPress Lessons info ready to release

lorelle at cameraontheroad.com lorelle at cameraontheroad.com
Mon Apr 25 14:22:47 GMT 2005

I've emailed Matt the release for the WordPress Lessons, and I expect them
to get a lot of attention.  Just so you know, and might want to use, here is
the press release.  If you would like to post it on your site, feel free to
help spread the word.  Edit, slice, dice, and rearrange however you want to
customize the end result so we don't have a bunch of repeated info out
there.

Also, thanks to everyone (and you know who you are) who jumped in during the
last few days to crunch out some new HOT articles for the Lessons and did
great editing of the material so it will be as high caliber as possible.
We're still looking for new WordPress Lesson articles and if you would like
to contribute, visit my user page at
http://codex.wordpress.org/User:Lorelle/Articles_for_WordPress_Lessons for a
list of what we're looking for, a signup area, and information on how this
all works.

=======
WordPress Lessons
While < a href="http://www.wordpress.org/">WordPress</a> comes ready-to-use
out of the box, if you are tempted to customize your WordPress site, a peek
under the hood might intimidate you. Suddenly your simple desire to change a
font, change the way categories are displayed, add text to the front page
that won't appear on any other pages, or even figure out how to link from
one post to another seems a daunting task in the face of all that PHP, HTML
and CSS code.
Don't worry. WordPress is here to help. The official documentation site, <a
href="http://codex.wordpress.org/">The WordPress Codex</a>, has just opened
a new section dedicated to helping beginner and intermediate WordPress users
customize their site and learn more about how WordPress works. <a
href="http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Lessons">WordPress Lessons</a>
will help guide you step-by-step through the various processes of using
WordPress, including:

With WordPress for Beginners</a>

Into Template Tags for Beginners</a>

in WordPress</a>

Navigation Links</a>

Colour Scheme</a>

in WordPress</a>

WordPress</a>

WordPress Provides Protection From Email Harvesters</a>

the Read More Link on Excerpts</a>

<a
href="http://codex.wordpress.org/Linking_Posts_Pages_and_Categories">Linking
to Posts, Pages, and Categories in WordPress</a>

in Action</a>

Archive Index</a>

Pages</a>

Your WordPress Sidebar</a>

Custom Error 404 Page</a>

There are also articles on <a
href="http://codex.wordpress.org/Validating_a_Website">validating your
site</a>, understanding more of the relationship between WordPress and CSS,
and even articles to help you

and <a href="http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Housekeeping">clean up</a>
your WordPress site.

While these articles are aimed at beginners and intermediate WordPress
users, everyone can benefit from these step-by-step instructions to
customize your WordPress site. New articles are being added and the section
is growing quickly. Find out what feature or benefit of WordPress you might
have been missing and learn more about how you can use WordPress to the max!

==30==

Lorelle - lorelle is at cameraontheroad with a dot com at the end