[HyperDB] Replication Lag Detection

Barry Abrahamson barry at automattic.com
Wed Jul 20 16:18:24 UTC 2011

On Jul 20, 2011, at 11:02 AM, Brian Layman wrote:

> It also sounds like object caching of sorts is now built into hyperdb now.  What's the time out for that data? And am I correct in saying that that cache only used when all slaves are lagging?

No real object caching - we are only using the cache to store the states (lagged or not lagged) for the various servers because we don't want to query the lagged state before every query.

> How are you feeling on the stability and a point release with these changes?

Someone else needs to use it successfully in production before we make a point release :)

--
Barry Abrahamson | Systems Wrangler | Automattic
Blog: http://barry.wordpress.com