[glotpress] GlotPress

Nikolay Bachiyski nb at nikolay.bg
Fri Feb 26 16:35:07 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 05:12, Jeffry Ghazally <jghazally at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> Thought I'd introduce myself to the group. My name is Jeffry G, I'm a
> developer working on the Wp-e-Commerce Plugin. We have GlotPress working
> nicely with WordPress (moved DB and using WordPress users table) was easy as
> pie, liked it a lot.
> We've been trying to customize the look and feel of the templates, so been
> hacking away at the interface a bit, but then noticed the version we are
> running does not have some of the new and cool features (google translate
> especially) so thinking of doing an upgrade...
>
> I was just wondering:
> 1. What is upgrading like with this software?

Currently, you can visit install.php?action=upgrade to upgrade your
database. Upgrading the code is just a svn up.

> 2. Is there any documentation around that? oh and documentation on actually
> using the software?

Nope. Until now most of the users have been comfortable with digging
up stuff in the code.

I added a simple README:

http://trac.glotpress.org/browser/trunk/README

> I had a look at the two php auto documentation sites they are great for devs
> but not really so informative for end users.
> I understand the project is fairly new, but think it would be great to get
> some end user documentation together (even a basic readme) . So more people
> can get their heads around the system. That way you won't be hastled by
> people like me trying to use the software and you can spend more time making
> the system run like the wind~

Getting people who have questions to sign up to the list and ask them
here is not such bad idea ;-) At least we will know each other.

Happy hacking,
Nikolay.