[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5591: Extended Profile Tab for User Profile only visible in Network Admin on Multisite Installs

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Apr 26 16:51:17 UTC 2014

#5591: Extended Profile Tab for User Profile only visible in Network Admin on
Multisite Installs
--------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  janpeters     |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by boonebgorges):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => wontfix
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 > And in a blog, not all the members are there. Most are only in network-
 admin because not "attached" to a blog.

 Yeah, you're right. Frankly, this whole situation is a mess. The relevant
 conception of what counts as a "member" from the point of view of
 BuddyPress is totally different from what counts as a "member" from the
 point of view of WP Multisite. In theory (and this is just me thinking
 aloud, not necessarily a concrete suggestion), the root blog Dashboad >
 Users should show *all* BuddyPress members, not just those with a role on
 the current blog (or maybe there could be a separate tab to show all
 members). I agree with imath that this problem should be solved before we
 attempt to do anything like what's suggested here.

 I'm going to mark this ticket as wontfix for the reasons discussed above.
 If we decide to overhaul the way that the root-blog Users panel works at
 some point in the future, we can reconsider.

 (Note - self-editing is, I think, a separate issue, and not dependent on
 the discussion here.)

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5591#comment:3>