[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #5591: Extended Profile Tab for User Profile only visible in Network Admin on Multisite Installs

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 25 20:31:18 UTC 2014

#5591: Extended Profile Tab for User Profile only visible in Network Admin on
Multisite Installs
 Reporter:  janpeters     |       Owner:

Comment (by imath):

 Replying to [comment:1 boonebgorges]:
 > imath, how hard would it be to show the fields all the time when BP is
 network activated, limiting permissions based on `current_user_can(
 'bp_moderate' )`?

 It would need some changes in BP_Members_Admin, BP_XProfile_User_Admin...
 so let's say 2.1, we can work on it and on self profile editing

 But i have a conceptual problem actually, as for me the extended profile
 is in network-admin because it concerns all the members of the network,
 not the users of each blog. Do we have a profile front page on each blog
 of the network by default ?

 And in a blog, not all the members are there. Most are only in network-
 admin because not "attached" to a blog. So some super admins would be
 confused as they would not find all the members and then say.. oh yes i'm
 in a blog not in network admin..

 i'm not sure it's a so great idea, i definitively think '''it's not a
 bug''' but an '''enhancement'''.

 Finally if you think we should do it, no problem ;)

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5591#comment:2>