[buddypress-dev] testdrivewpmu.com now running latest

Andy Peatling andypeatling at automattic.com
Wed Sep 10 02:30:16 GMT 2008

On 9-Sep-08, at 6:55 PM, phlux0r wrote:

> But Andy, couldn't you keep the original Mu option on sign-up where
> users can choose if they want a blog or just an account and then
> create a blog if they select that option? That would be the optimal
> way in my view. Of course they will always have the option to create
> a blog later if they haven't chosen so on sign-up.

This would be a nice way of doing it, but it would require a lot more
work than that. When creating a BuddyPress account, you are actually
creating a blog regardless of your choice, but it's used as a home
base. The signup would have to be changed to you could create two
blogs at the same time.

Perhaps in a future version this can be done, but at the moment this
should work for most people.

Cheers
Andy