[buddypress-dev] Contact Grabber

Andy Peatling andypeatling at automattic.com
Mon May 12 17:41:42 GMT 2008

>>> I'am looking to Friends: Roadmap,
>>> I think "Contact Grabber stystem" must be included

I'll add this into the roadmap, definitely want that in there.

On 10-May-08, at 1:27 PM, Beau Lebens wrote:
> Another option (if we want to use something like this) is to use the
> RapLeaf API (http://www.rapleaf.com/apidoc/v2/abook).
>
> I used it on MyBabyOurBaby and it's pretty cool and very easy to use
> although it does require an API key from RapLeaf.
>
> Just a thought

We should try and do this the "right" way if possible. That is, can we
utilize something like OAuth so that we don't have to ask for people's
mail account login details? I know there are API's for the major web
mail providers that let us do this.

I'm sure if we hunt there are good examples out there on the internets.

---------
Andy Peatling | Social Engineer | Automattic
http://andyinlife.com