[buddypress-dev] Friends - bp-friends-classes.php on line 155

Jess Planck jess at funroe.net
Mon Jul 21 20:03:42 GMT 2008

So, looks like some systems are going to spit the
allow_call_time_pass_reference error out.

A domain I have at Dreamhost is still throwing the error, but my
Fedora 9 test machine at work is happy as a clam. Both are
"supposedly" running php 5.2.6. Oh the Monday trauma! Of course the
Fedora box even has allow_call_time_pass_reference set as Off. I don't
get it, and it's bugging me.

Anyone care to explain this? Dreamhost lousy config? Stock Fedora 9
weirdness? Both?

The fix is easy for some php5 systems... remove the "&" in bp-friends-
classes.php or change the php.ini. I'm just curious if either of these
solutions will be documented or if php5 does allow "&" references for
properly configured and updated systems. I couldn't find it documented.

Jess