[wp-xmlrpc] GSOC Proposal - Extending WordPress Remote API

Eric Mann eric at eam.me
Wed Mar 23 17:27:38 UTC 2011

As you say, the majority of blogs won't use post meta values, so I see this
need as an edge case.  If a specific plugin is adding comment meta that
needs to be accessed remotely, that plugin should be handling the extension
of the API on its own.

But if you were to build this kind of setup, I'd add a flag to the request
for comments that tells WordPress to return comment meta or not to.  Then
set that flag to false by default.  Then we have one call that either
returns meta or not based on your specific needs.

Whether you have two calls on the client end or two queries on the server
end, you'll always need to do two things ... but make the API as simple as
possible (one client call) to make it easier to use for a larger number of
clients.

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 10:21 AM, prasath nadarajah <n.prasath.002 at gmail.com